Monday, March 11, 2013

Today is the Day

Tonight I am starting a sit-to-fit program. I know, it seems a bit ass backward considering I've already done the half-marathon, but I've never been one to do things normally. (My MS is a prime example of that.)

But I decided that I needed some structure. Lately it's been too easy for me to say, "I'll go to the gym tomorrow" or "I'll start eating better next week." No, it starts tonight...on a track...in the rain. And I'm thrilled. Especially about the running in the rain part. For some reason, the idea of it makes me feel fierce. Maybe it's just because I've seen one to many movies where athletes trained through the elements. We'll see after tonight if I have the same attitude when I'm soaking wet.

In order to prepare myself and reward myself for actually signing up, last night I created an "I'm awesome" playlist. This list joins the others on my iPod, such as "This song has no compelling message, but is good to exercise to," "I'm feeling sorry for myself," and "Why didn't Dexy's Midnight Runner's have more hits? Great '80 songs" soundtracks. What? Doesn't everyone have those types of playlists on their iPods?


Anyway, I filled my playlist up with songs like "The Champ" by Nelly, "The Fighter" by The Fray, and "Run the World (Girls)" by Beyonce, among others. So I have to ask. What would be on your "I'm awesome" playlist? I'm always looking for additions.

And don't forget. Be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Search of Healing

The other day I was watching Kris Carr's documentary Crazy, Sexy, Cancer . In it, there is one line in particular that speaks to me. She...