Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Musical Inspiration

As I mentioned in a previous post, my goal is to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon next February. So now it's time to get down to business--important business. Like what music should I put on my IPod for such an endeavor?

Of course, being a girl of the '80s, I've got my fair share of MC Hammer, TLC, Beastie Boys and Rob Base on there. I've also got some AC/DC and Van Halen.

But it's certainly not enough music to carry me for half a marathon. Any suggestions for some really good running/workout/get you revved up songs?

3 comments:

  1. Here's my Getting in Touch with your Inner-B**ch Running Playlist. Obviously for when I'm running in a bad mood. :) I have another set I'll post later as well ...
    Dixie Chicks - Not Ready to Make Nice
    Morissette - You Oughta Know
    Clarkson - Never Again
    Clarkson - Since You've Been Gone
    Benatar - Heartbreaker
    Lavigne - Everything Back But You
    Aguilera - I Hate Boys
    Clarkson - Walk Away
    Clarkson - Miss Independent
    Apple - Sleep to Dream
    Jett - Bad Reputation
    Hole - Violet
    Griffin - You Don't Have Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run for the Roses (Jane Olivor has a beautiful version)
    Theme from Chariots of Fire (again Jane has a beautiful version)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dance Tonight-Paul McCartney
    Beautiful Day-U2
    Mississippi Girl-Faith Hill
    Holiday-Green Day
    September-Earth Wind and Fire
    Streetcorner Symphony-Rob Thomas
    Baby I'm a Star-Prince
    And if you like these...I have a few more.
    -Jillwoman

    ReplyDelete

In Search of Healing

The other day I was watching Kris Carr's documentary Crazy, Sexy, Cancer . In it, there is one line in particular that speaks to me. She...