Monday, July 9, 2012

What Love Looks Like

One of my kids asked me once what love looked like.

"It's not something you can see," I said. "It's more of a feeling."

But you know what? I think maybe I was kinda wrong. And here's why. Too many times I have received outward signs of love that have made a huge difference in my life. In fact, in the last month I can count numerous times this has happened.

So what does love look like?

Well, it looks like a care package on your doorstep from your niece and nephews when you get home during a bad week.

It looks like the cars that people drive me around in since I can't drive myself.

It looks like a big ass Pepsi from my husband "just because."

It looks like new outfits that were picked out by my sister and cousin because I was feeling less than beautiful.

Yeah, if one of my kids asks me that question again I think I'm going to have a very different answer. Because lately I've been seeing a whole lot of love around me.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're seeing love Sue, because you are definitely loved very much!! Jeannie

    ReplyDelete

In Search of Healing

The other day I was watching Kris Carr's documentary Crazy, Sexy, Cancer . In it, there is one line in particular that speaks to me. She...