Thursday, June 28, 2012

Is Anyone Out There?

I got an e-mail today from one of the many MS websites and blogs to which I subscribe. I guess I sign up for them in the hopes that I'll garner some gem of wisdom from them, or some insight on ways to come to peace with this whole being sick thing.

Unfortunately, I don't. All I keep seeing are stories of people who see the blessings in their disease, who have managed to find a way to take their diagnosis and turn it into a positive experience. I can't. For 10+ years I haven't been able to. I'm pissed. I'm tired--both physically and emotionally. I don't like this. I don't want to do it for the rest of my life.

Sure, I'm able to recognize the blessings in my life. I can say the things for which I'm thankful. But I just don't count my MS as one of those things.

So I wonder: What's wrong with me? Aren't there any other people out there like me? Am I the only person with MS who feels this way? If so, that sucks for me. If not, I sure wish I could hear from those people once in a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment

In Search of Healing

The other day I was watching Kris Carr's documentary Crazy, Sexy, Cancer . In it, there is one line in particular that speaks to me. She...