Sunday, June 12, 2011

Random Thoughts While Walking

When I walk, I think. I can't help it. Sometimes it's about what I have to do for the day, sometimes it's about this blog.

This morning was no different. So here are some random thoughts I had on my walk.

* The phrase "Slow and steady wins the race" is a lie. Slow and steady will get your ass picked up by the race police and carted to the finish line--past all the fast people--in the cart of failure and shame.

* Dumping water over your head during a race makes you look cool. Doing it on the street in your neighborhood--no matter how hot you are--will only make you look weird.

* Painting your garage pink is always a bad idea. No matter what era or for what reason, it will never look good...ever. (See, I warned you they were random.)

* When you are walking and cars drive by and wave/honk, it is impossible to identify who is doing such waving/honking. So just wave back regardless of whether you know them or not.

* I wonder how much the fine is if you get caught peeing in the woods because you couldn't find a bathroom.

* Those "special" socks that help prevent blisters when you run/walk now make perfect sense to me. Too bad I'm too cheap to buy them.

* Raccoons are not cute animals when they're alive. They're even uglier when they're dead and bloated on the side of the road.

* Doing that special biker wave when you pass bikers apparently only applies if you're on a motorcycle. If you do it to them while you're walking they just kind of glare at you,which doesn't seem very nice or friendly to me.

*Walking/running is REALLY boring--same songs on your Ipod, same routes, etc. I'm not sure why people do this for fun. That being said, this Princess marathon better be as cool of an experience as I'm working it up to be. Because if I endure all this and it's not, I'm gonna be seriously honked off.

So those are my random thoughts for today. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Search of Healing

The other day I was watching Kris Carr's documentary Crazy, Sexy, Cancer . In it, there is one line in particular that speaks to me. She...