Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I'm So Vain

And, yes, this post is all about me. It is, after all, my blog. (If you didn't get that reference, shame on you. Now click here and educate yourself.)

One of the side effects of Copaxone is a permanent indentation in the skin at injection sites. So, let's see, daily injection, 7 injection sites, for, oh, the rest of my life. That more or less equals more dimples than a golf ball. In short, thanks to these shots, I've got a better shot at gracing the cover of Golf Digest than Sports Illustrated.

And that's what was on my mind the other day when I went bathing suit shopping. As if that isn't torture enough, trying to find one to cover my dents made the excursion even more challenging. Especially one that doesn't look like my grandma's bathing suit. And it's not real easy to find the style to the left anymore.

I know, I know. After four kids you would think I wouldn't be bothered by a few dimples on my body. But I am. Maybe it's because I can cover my stomach. Covering both my arms and thighs at the same time is a bit more challenging. And, let's face it, we women care about our appearance.

I did manage to find a suit with a cute little skirt, but it's not long enough to cover most of my thighs. So if you happen to see me floating by you in the pool this summer wearing capris and a T-shirt, please don't judge. It's only a temporary solution until I can buy me one of those fancy, dancy olden days bathing suits seen above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Search of Healing

The other day I was watching Kris Carr's documentary Crazy, Sexy, Cancer . In it, there is one line in particular that speaks to me. She...