Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Recharging the Soul

This past weekend I did something I haven't done quite enough lately. I spent a wonderful evening with my good friend June and her kids. Our kids are all the same age and they adore each other, which is fitting because I absolutely adore their mom.

My kids also happen to think that June is the coolest mom to ever step foot on this earth. If you want to know why, check out her blog. She's super talented and creative. (There's also a link to her blog on the side of this page under my My Favorite Blogs.

While we were there, we enjoyed majorly yummy pizza and sundaes, created our very own Ugly Dolls, hair bands and painted cupcake banks. It was a virtual craft-a-palooza. The boys chose to bypass the crafting time and instead spent the evening up to their armpits in blocks, Lego's and GoGos--with periodic intrusion from the girls.

As an added bonus, I even managed to get in my workout by joining the kids in a Just Dance competition on the Wii. I breezed my way through the first two rounds of competition, but fell to June's nine-year-old son when he chose to do some sort of Russian dance that nearly sent me into cardiac arrest.

I was pleasantly surprised to come home and discover that we actually had the same version of Just Dance so I can practice for next time. Trust me, in the meantime I'll be getting quite a workout.

As I drove home, the kids fast asleep, I reminded myself that I need to make nights like tonight--good friends, good food, good times--a priority. We all do. These are the things we'll remember, our kids will remember. And nights like this one do wonders for the soul.

1 comment:

  1. okay I'm blushing!! I love you guys! What a fun night!! AND I agree, nights like this need to be high priority! We're already looking forward to the next visit. : )

    ReplyDelete

In Search of Healing

The other day I was watching Kris Carr's documentary Crazy, Sexy, Cancer . In it, there is one line in particular that speaks to me. She...