Tuesday, December 11, 2012

In Search of Adventure

In my daughter's favorite movie Tangled, all Rapunzel wants is to see the floating lanterns. When she finally does, she tells Flynn Rider that she's scared because, what if the experience doesn't live up to what she's expected. And then once she sees them, what does she do next? He replies that she gets to go off and find a new adventure.

I can so relate to that scene in the movie. The Princess Half Marathon was kinda like my floating lanterns. I did it and now I don't know what to do. I've done other races, 5K's mostly, and they were fun, but they just weren't the same.

Maybe it's because it was my first. Maybe it was because it was a big accomplishment. Maybe it was just the fact that Mark and I got to go away together. I'm not sure, but I feel like I want that feeling again, and I don't know how to get it back.

Of course, I could always go for a full marathon (that's 26.2 miles, you know. See, I'm getting good at this.) but that's just a stupid idea. Even I know that. I could always do the Princess again, but will it be the same? Should I try a different Disney race? A race somewhere else? I don't know.

What I do know is that I'm still searching for my next great adventure. Stay tuned. Suggestions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Search of Healing

The other day I was watching Kris Carr's documentary Crazy, Sexy, Cancer . In it, there is one line in particular that speaks to me. She...