Friday, November 16, 2012

Project Pinterest




I had an epiphany today. I will be dead, buried, and turned to dust before I will ever do all the things that are currently on my Pinterest board. No, really, it's true. You see, that's the problem with Pinterest. It's just to easy to pin...and pin...and then pin some more. Your first pin seems so innocent, and then before you know it you can't stop and you have 200 must-try recipes, and your home at the holidays is going to look like the North Pole following an elf bender.

So, I decided to take back my boards. I told myself that I was going to actually do the things that I had pinned. Recipe not up to par? Off my board it goes.

Some things I've already vetted--one potato recipe that went horribly wrong. I was supposed to squish down the tiny red potatoes after they had been cooked. You know, kinda flatten them. Well, it didn't quite work out that way. I tried to smash it and it shot off the sheet and across the room. The rest I threw across the room after unsuccessfully trying to mash them.

Now, of course, I have to be realistic. I'm still going to pin. How can I not? But I do solemnly swear that for every thing I pin, I will try my best to remove another. Also, I'm not going to count some of my pins. I mean am I really ever going to live here? Maybe I'll visit someday, though, so it stays on my board.

And what are the real chances that I'm going to get a meaningful relationship out of this guy? But it's still fun to pin him on my boyfriends board.

.The inspirational and funny quotes stay. Who knows when I may need to say something deep or humorous in a group setting. Or even drop a powerful insult or comeback. It's always good to have those things on hand.

So today starts Operation Project Pinterest. Wanna join me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Search of Healing

The other day I was watching Kris Carr's documentary Crazy, Sexy, Cancer . In it, there is one line in particular that speaks to me. She...