Friday, August 19, 2011

Kickin' it Old School

I'm not a big fan of summer. Never have been. I'm one of those girls who burns, blisters and goes right back to the color of oh, someone who has lived in a cave for about 100 years. Add to that the fact that heat and MS don't like each other--at all--and the fact that hotter than h.e.double hockey sticks here in Cincinnati for, oh, about the last month, and it's no surprise that I haven't been doing much exercising.

Sure, I've done some swimming, but I've never been much of a pool person and then there's this whole issue.

If there's one thing I've learned recently, it's that I feel better and am more pleasant when I exercise. So since I haven't been able to do much said exercising, you can ask my family about my mood. No, better yet, strike that. I'm not sure I want to hear what they have to say.

Anyway, the other night when we were at the pool, I hopped on the swings with the kids. Now I can't tell you the last time I was on a swing. But I can tell you that I used muscles working that swing that I obviously haven't been using. I know because every one of those muscles hurt REALLY bad the next day. Funny thing is, the same thing happened after playing Let's Dance with the kids on the Wii.

So I got to thinking. I find running/walking boring...really boring. Same routes, same music, etc. But I need to exercise. I just feel better when I do, plain and simple. So I'm currently working on developing a workout for myself that takes it back a little to the time when I spent sunrise to sunset outside, well, working out. Even though I didn't realize it at the time.

So if you see me outside roller skating, playing freeze tag or riding my bike, feel free to join in. I'm just playing, I mean, exercising.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Search of Healing

The other day I was watching Kris Carr's documentary Crazy, Sexy, Cancer . In it, there is one line in particular that speaks to me. She...