Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Love/Hate Relationship with HSM2

If you've noticed that I've been a little bit AWOL on here for the last two weeks, I have a very good excuse--at least in my mind. I have been up to my eyeballs in High School Musical 2. This past weekend, my kids' school put on their production of the Disney movie that gave us the gifts of Zac Efron and Corbin Bleu. (Someone really needs to invent an "I'm totally being a smartass" font. Just saying.)

Anyway, the kids did an amazing job, including my own Maddie, but I swear to God, if I hear "Fabulous" or "Bet on It" one more time my head will explode. Now, I went into this production with a bit of a chip on my shoulder. You see, HSM2 came out in 2007 when we were in Disney. Maddie bought the CD the day before we left and played that CD the...whole...way...home. Now Riley, having seen the play all four nights, has decided to take up where Maddie left off four years ago and has been playing the CD non stop as she performs in front of the mirror in her room.

I have loved watching Maddie develop a real passion for performing and theater over the past two years. And watching that same spark in both Alex and Riley delights this former high school theater performer. But "at least for now," Troy and Gabriella need to go their own way--away from me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous that OLV does a production like this! St. I's doesn't and my girls would be all over it if they did. Are all grades involved? As to HSM2, we went through the same when the movies came out - constantly on, music playing, singing, and it ran its course. If it started back up I think I'd vomit.

    ReplyDelete

In Search of Healing

The other day I was watching Kris Carr's documentary Crazy, Sexy, Cancer . In it, there is one line in particular that speaks to me. She...