Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Multi-tasking Momma

One of the most important tasks of being a mom is the ability to multi-task. And I've discovered that adding exercise to my daily regimen only compounds that. So here is a list of five things I have done while exercising in the last week:

1) Write blog posts. I can honestly say most everything I have ever written has been mostly composed in the shower, lying in bed at night or while doing something else--like walking. It is both exhilirating and maddening to have ideas constantly popping into your head when you usually don't have any way of writing them down.

2) Mediate arguments. Apparently walking really fast on a noisy treadmill with earphones in is not a good enough indicator to my children that I am not available to determine who started the fight, who was wronged or who should be punished. I'm busy. Go find your dad.

3) Button jeans. Yes, despite all my balance issues as detailed in this post, I managed to button my daughter's pants the other day--while still on the treadmill--when she asked me to help her. This was in spite of all the above mentioned indicators that I really was not available to do such a task.

4) Start my 2011 Christmas list. My treadmill faces my overflowing craft shelf, so I am constantly staring at all the possible craft projects and gifts I can make to give to people for Christmas. Bonus: By transforming all the supplies on the shelves into great gifts, I will be also cleaning up the basement. The ultimate in multi-tasking.

5) Orchestrate lunch. Next to my craft shelf is our pantry. On more than one occasion I have witnessed one or all of my children stand in front of it and ask what they can have for lunch. Apparently I have a better viewpoint of what we have perched high atop the treadmill in addition to being able to read their mind as to what they want to eat.

1 comment:

  1. I am cracking up! You do way more on the treadmill than I do. I just sing off key to my i-pod. Keep on trucking! By the way, since you are getting up and getting going, so am I. My goal is only to actually complete the nine weeks of couch potato to 5k. I have started 2 other times, and failed. This time I will succeed! If Suewoman can do it, so can I!

    ReplyDelete

In Search of Healing

The other day I was watching Kris Carr's documentary Crazy, Sexy, Cancer . In it, there is one line in particular that speaks to me. She...