Friday, December 28, 2012

Eat my Dust, Dora

You know how Dora and her monkey-friend Boots always go on adventures? (Which makes me question her parent's abilities to raise their child, but I digress.)


Well, just like Dora and Boots, Mark and I have decided to go on an adventure. The only difference is that my head's not oval and he's not a monkey. But we are probably going to have to cross a bridge, scale something and follow a map--not a singing one, just a regular old map.

You see, we're going to take on Disney's Expedition Everest Challenge this May. It's a 5K race with challenges along the course, and a scavenger hunt at the end of the race. Sounds very Dora the Explorer-y doesn't it?

Granted, a 5K--even with challenges--seems a bit of a step down from our half marathon last year. So to make up for that, we have decided that our goal is to run the entire thing. Maybe that will happen, maybe it won't. But it's sure going to be fun trying.

As for costumes, now that I think about it, maybe Dora is the way to go. I totally could see me running in her cute orange shorts and pink t-shirt. The backpack could be a bit troublesome, but I'm sure I can work it out. Mark can wear a monkey hat. After wearing a tutu last year, I'm sure he'd consider it a step up.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great. Best of luck in your training.

    And, I share your concerns about Dora's parents. I don't my kids cross a two lane street to go to 7-11 by themselves, but her parents approve going on adventures in the jungle with a wild animal. For shame.

    ReplyDelete

In Search of Healing

The other day I was watching Kris Carr's documentary Crazy, Sexy, Cancer . In it, there is one line in particular that speaks to me. She...