Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dear Hershey

You've got some big paws to fill. I hope you know that. You are attempting to take the place of Hobbes, my first baby, the one who was with me through thick and thin, all my pregnancies, everything. I lost her the day before your sister Kacey was born. And I still miss her ... a lot.

Maybe that's why I kept putting off getting you, saying it wasn't the right time, how nice it was to be able to pick up and leave without making arrangments for a dog. Maybe I wasn't ready to be that vulnerable again.

But I caved. Your dad and sisters and brother talked me into it. And I'm glad I did. You remind me a lot of Hobbes. I love that you've already gotten the hang of snuggling up with me on the bed like Hobbes always did. You're spunky like her, stubborn like her, look like her. Yeah, I think this is going to work out just fine. Welcome to the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Search of Healing

The other day I was watching Kris Carr's documentary Crazy, Sexy, Cancer . In it, there is one line in particular that speaks to me. She...