Monday, March 21, 2011

Counting My Blessings

 
The last couple of weeks I have been trying REALLY hard to focus on the positive things in my life. Ayone who knows me understands what a challenge that can be for me. I've always been a glass half empty kind of girl. But I'm trying.

So at the end of every day, I have been listing five blessings for that day in my journal. Sure, Mark, my kids and my family are all part of that daily routine, but I'm digging a little bit deeper and trying to find less obvious blessings. And you know what? The more I dig, the more I find.

For instance, yesterday I played on the Wii Fit for the first time in months. And while the mean lady trainer on it kept yelling at me because my balance has obviously gone downhill over those months and there's no place in my profile for me to indicate that I have a disease that affects my balance so she'll back off, I did lose a few pounds from the last time I hopped on the Balance Board. So, in the words of the great Carl Spackler from Caddyshack,"I got that goin' for me. Which is nice."
So why not join me. What are your blessings today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Search of Healing

The other day I was watching Kris Carr's documentary Crazy, Sexy, Cancer . In it, there is one line in particular that speaks to me. She...