Sunday, February 27, 2011

What My IPod Tells Me

So I upped the amount of time I walk on the treadmill and discovered quickly that I find walking on the treadmill BORING. But I persevered thanks to some inspiration and support from my musician friends on my IPod.

You see, apparently Pink and Katy Perry are very proud of what I'm doing. In fact, Pink not only thinks I'm perfect, but F***ing Perfect, thank you very much. And Katy thinks I'm a Firework.

Jared Leto (love him) and the guys of 30 Seconds to Mars helped keep me safe by continuously reminding me to be careful because my balance issues were causing me to get "Closer to the Edge." Thanks, guys.

Kool Moe Dee was less warm and fuzzy. He just kept telling me to "Go to Work."

Kris Allen hit the nail on the head when after about 40 minutes of walking he sang Live Like We're Dying, considering that's what I felt like at that point. Justin Bieber was nice enough to Pray for me. He's such a nice, young man.

As for Go Team!'s "The Power is On," all I can say is that song seemed so much more inspiring when I was sitting on the couch watching all the Atlanta Falcons jam to it on the bus. When I have to move to it, it seems oppressive.

We the Kings keep yelling at me to "Run, Baby, Run," which I do, but I can't figure out why they keep calling me Juliet.

Adam Lambert's apparently got a thing for me because he said if he had me that would be the only thing he'd ever need. I'm confused, though, because I didn't think I was his type. I am considering wearing my hair like his for the race, though. What do you think?

Usher and I both sing OMG when I'm on the treadmill, but my version is definitely not "Oh My Gosh."

By the end of my 45 minute workout, Nirvana thinks it "Smells Like Teen Spirit." Hmmm, is that what you call it?

So that's what I think about on the treadmill. Is that weird?

1 comment:

  1. Totally appropriate. Exercise ennui led me to invest in a recumbent bike so at least I could READ my way through the boredom. I like your solution, though!

    ReplyDelete

In Search of Healing

The other day I was watching Kris Carr's documentary Crazy, Sexy, Cancer . In it, there is one line in particular that speaks to me. She...