Tuesday, October 9, 2012

In Search of Slogans

So when I took part in the breast cancer walk a few weekends ago in honor of my awesome sister-in-law, I noticed quite a few catchy slogans concerning breast cancer. I'm sure you've seen some of them:
"Save the Ta Tas."
"Hell, yes, they're fake. The real ones tried to kill me."
"Squeeze a boob. Save a life."
"I'm here for the boobs."
"Walkers for Knockers."
"Saving Second Base."
 And the list goes on and on.

So, I thought, why not make up some of my own catchy slogans for MS. I can develop them now and present them at the next MS walk. It can't be that difficult, right? So, here we go:

"Save the Myelin!" What? Not the same punch as Ta Tas?

O.K., well how about, "Hell, yes, I'm on immunosuppressants. The lesions are affecting my body's ability to transmit nerve signals." Won't fit on a shirt? All righty, then. Hope 'bout this?

"Get an MRI. Maybe diagnose MS." Hmm, not real catchy.

"I'm here for the brains." And I wonder why we can't get as much attention.

"Walkers for nerve endings" No? "Walkers for brains?" That's kind of creepy, isn't it?

OK, OK, OK, I got it. How about "Saving home plate." See, cause home plate is kinda like the brain of the baseball field. It's where all the action takes place and everything. Get it? Oh, nevermind.

Wait, I have an idea!!!! Orange is the color of MS awareness, right? Well, how about "Orange you glad you don't have MS?" Perfect, right?

Fine.  If you don't like any of my ideas, I dare you to come up with your own. Those breast cancer people have a lot of money and probably someone whose job it is to sit and make up their catchy slogans. I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Search of Healing

The other day I was watching Kris Carr's documentary Crazy, Sexy, Cancer . In it, there is one line in particular that speaks to me. She...