Sunday, October 16, 2011

Autumn Blessings

It is a beautiful fall morning here. Perfect sweatshirt and jeans kind of weather. The perfect kind of morning for a walk. So I did.

Before I headed out the door, I asked my super-techy husband to hook me up with some sort of tracking device on my phone. No, not in case I got lost. But rather so I can quit driving all the routes I walk to see how far I've gone. People are starting to think I'm casing their homes. So anyway, he hooked me up with the SportsTracker Pro app on my phone and off I went.

As I walked, I rejoiced in a few other things:

I am thiiiiissss close to my 15 minute mile that I'm gunning for. In fact, according to my new nifty app, I'm only 46 seconds off.

It was really peaceful and quiet. Well, other than the music on my iPod. But I actually turned that off halfway through my walk so I could listen to the wind rustling the leaves. Way cool.

To the person who had a fire going that early. Is there any better smell than that on a cool, autumn morning?

The new songs I bought the other day at iTunes, like this one and this one. I was getting really tired of my same old playlist.

Yeah, I think it's going to be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Search of Healing

The other day I was watching Kris Carr's documentary Crazy, Sexy, Cancer . In it, there is one line in particular that speaks to me. She...